We have another calf! This time the kids were there for the entire birth. It took this poor first calf heifer over four hours to get the little guy out from the time I saw the first hoof. At about three hours with little progression I wanted to help the cow and pull the calf. The momma was too aggressive, luckily she was able to get it done on her own. He is a handsome calf and is doing great. Another fun day at the Goolsby Farm! The video of the actual birth is too large to upload. If you want to see it I can email it to you.
That is so cool. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThat is so fun! I miss that about living behind Elvis, we saw those cute little calves being born all the time.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Wish we could have been there when they were born!
ReplyDelete