Thursday, October 22, 2009

Grateful!


One day you feel like your living the dream and the next your heart breaks. Last May my heart broke after losing one of my favorite people on earth to a heart attack. It hurt so much to loose him, but I felt so blessed with an overwhelming peace that he would be happy and that I was blessed to be loved by him. After seeing him at the funeral home I was comforted; he had a great, big smile on his face! That seemed perfect, as I have never known anyone to cause me to laugh as hard as he did. Jeff is just a fun guy!
This month I have been overwhelmed with the blessing of being able to watch a dear friend's husband heal from a life threaten accident. First we wondered if he would live, to the thoughts of how the family would handle his handicaps, and to now seeing him return home after just three weeks of hospitalization. John is still in our prayers as he continues to recover. We are so grateful for this wonderful family in our lives. It has been amazing to watch their faith through all of this. I know I have grown through their strength.
Yesterday, my mom called, letting me know one of our special family friends has a brain tumor and a very limited time to live. My heart swells as I think of him and his family. I want so badly for them to know of the Lord's plan of salvation and the blessing that can be had in the next life. He and his family are in every prayer!
As I ponder these experiences I am overwhelmed with my blessing. I belong to the Lord's church, I know of His ways, I have a husband who somehow thinks I'm a supermodel, I have three incredible children that put me near the center of their world and think I am supermom. I am feeling very humbled to be blessed with these blessings, some of which are miracles! I am grateful!

3 comments:

  1. You guys are such a sweet, wonderful family! We miss you so much. We think of you often and when we play the paper bag game that you taught us we laugh! Remember when we played that at Hamer's party and John and I tied for most flexible players! I couldn't believe how good he was! Fun memories! Visit my blog at loribustos.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is amazing isn't it? I am also grateful for all it has to teach us, and I wouldn't know where I would be if I didn't have Heavenly Father in my life... He has truly shown me that He loves us all, if we just let Him in. I am so grateful for my husband, and this life and all of our many blessings!!! I am thankful to have known you and your family, and miss you terribly. I would love to get together some Saturday to let the kids play so we can catch up!!! :) Thanks for the update on John too! Thats amazing!!!! I'm so glad he's home and doing better!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a supermodel!!!
    John's experiene is very humbling and we are amazed at the recovery he has been able to achieve. Power of Prayer

    ReplyDelete